Trouble Shooting Help

Hello…I need help! Please
I just invested my life and received my GlowForge on Friday.

We were so excited! Friday evening/Saturday was great! I love it and was sailing along.

Then Monday came and it all changed. I push the Magic Button and soon after noticed something was wrong. I noticed that the approved grade material provided my Glowforge was charring my items much more than Friday /Saturday. I then I noticed that it was smoking really bad and just accumulating before finally coming out of the front and anywhere else it could escape. I quickly canceled the print job.

I started troubleshooting what could be causing the problem with no luck. I then reach out to Glowforge….and waited…and waited for a reply and then finally started getting feedback with suggested troubleshooting technique. I then replied back providing them pictures and video spanning over a few EMAILS.

The pictures that were asked for were of the filter tube, the back of the machine, the filter unit, inside the unit etc… Then the communication stopped and it went dark. I would have thought that once you start conversation with a customer…that the communication would continue. It’s been crickets…still no help as of yet. This is crazy… I have reached out again and still no reply and I am still waiting and I don’t know what else to do. It’s as if the smoke is not being pulled to back and out the filter tube. The smoke literally stays in the machine and then start to escape out the front and side.

Has anyone had this problem? if so, can you share what the resolution was?. This is literally a 2 day old baby and all this is happening.

I can’t wait days in between replies. Any help is much appreciated.

Without seeing what they have, and based on what they asked you for, it sounds like it might be a problem with the filter unit. If that’s the issue, they could be trying to arrange a replacement for you, and it can take a few days to arrange if the filters are all currently spoken for.

If they are still diagnosing it though, it might be something more serious, so you need to wait until they determine what the problem is with it. If they have to arrange a replacement Glowforge unit, that can take a bit longer.

They will contact you again when they have the next steps for you to take, or when they need further information from you. (Their policy is not to contact the customers until they have things ready to go, since there can be delays for whatever reason.)

Continuing to contact them only slows down the process, so sit tight for the time being. If you haven’t heard back after a few days, (four or so), contact them by replying to your automated email response and ask again. But hopefully you’ll hear back before too much longer.

And don’t worry, they’ll get you squared away as soon as possible. (Hard not to freak out when it happens, but they really do follow up. It just takes a little longer than most new purchasers realize.) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes what @jules said - and since you have emailed they will close this thread as soon as they realize it’s here. If you want to continue this conversation you can edit your post to move it to the Everything Else category (or ask for us to do it for you if you’d like).

Posting in P&S opens a new support ticket - it’s the only category that does that, the rest is just other users helping you out :slight_smile:

Hello Jules,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will take your advice and sit tight. It’s just so hard when so much money has been invested. I know Glowforge will make it right. I just want to get things going for my business.

I do have to say I had a blast!

Thanks again,

1 Like

@deirdrebeth…Thank you for posting… and thanks I didn’t realize I posted to the support. I switch it. This was my first post. Newbie here. LOL

Thanks again…

1 Like

It only gets better! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have just followed up to your email with the next troubleshooting steps.

We are going to continue to work on this there, so I’m going to close this thread.

Thank you Chelsea…I replied with video’s.