Trying to make this on the Glowforge LOL

Is it possible your tray/bed was moved out of the recesses in the bottom of the machine?

Sudden changes in alignment (placement on material) are usually related to the height of the material, although with the auto focus, that has become less common.

1 Like

no it’s locked in the grooves. checked it :-), going to do the camera calibration now. fingers crossed

1 Like

ok so I got the camera fixed. thank you Christy, but still can’t cut through. it’s not warped. I’ve blown through 4 boards now. Any more suggestions :slight_smile: still trying on 1/8 proof grade medium draft board using their settings. it does look a bit more burned then normal. I have not had any problems till now. Figures when I have 52 orders to complete. ugh IMG_5272|375x500

1 Like

Lens re installed in the correct direction?

I’ll double check

The simple solution here is to slow down the laser during the cut process. It may not be ideal to not use the default settings for this material, but at least you can get your jobs processed.

Just take a simple object - a circle for example. Put it in a corner or on a scrap, and set the power as default but speed a little slower. My Pro uses 183/Full, so I would go to 170 speed. If that’s not enough to cut thru, try 160. Obviously keep an eye on it while cutting.

The project looks defocused / charred from the photo

Could be, depending on scale.

I’m really starting to wonder about this, assuming the acrylic cut mentioned was before this “cleaning”…

OMG! now I have to glue the metal ring to my lens tool. it just fell off and broke in three pieces LOL soon as the glue dries I will check the lens. I should just stop today LOL

1 Like

you are so clever!!! LOL it was upside down. LOL well a first and now I know I better pay better attention and have my coffee in the morning. Thank you !!!

4 Likes

OK all good now, running it again! does anyone know if you can buy one of those lens tools? The glue did not work that great. thank you all for your help :slight_smile: you have been so awesome

2 Likes

I bought a spare on the website when I ordered some cherry proofgrade. So it is there. :slight_smile: glad you are up and running!

2 Likes

So… is everything working? Afraid to ask! :wink:

yes LOL everyone on this thread helped! you with the focus and the others with check to see if I put the lens in backwards LOL And I certainly did put it backwards! Cutting away again. next time I need to really check how I put it back in. Or drink more coffee LOL

2 Likes

Thank you, when I go to shop, I forget they have that drop down menu. They don’t have a square to click on for spare parts. hahaha
All is good now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whew!

That little magnetic ring on the lens removal tool is really delicate. I’ve had two of those and both are broken. And I’ve tried to be really careful. So personally I’d just try to glue the thing together, it should still work okay.

2 Likes