Trying to start a project with acrylic brought from an outside vendor. Stuck at Upload

I uploaded a file to be cut on a black acrylic that I bought from an outside vendor. I used the Medium black acrylic settings but everytime I start the project it gets stuck on uploading. Please help!

Did you mask it first? Black/dark materials can cause the auto-focus to hang up.

1 Like

I brought it already masked.

Have you had any trouble uploading that file before? (It might be a problem with the file, the material shouldn’t be an issue if you have the correct thickness selected and it is masked.)

2 Likes

At this point in the operation the machine has no idea, (nor concern), about what is on the crumb tray.
That occurs after the design is loaded in and you select either a proofgrade or goofgrade resource.
I suspect the art is rather complex. I have waited 5 or 10 minutes before a design loads, while at the same time I had one go forever and finally had to stop it and examine the design file.

Too many colors, too complex a design, too many elements, and other terms are not going to help you, though.
Try converting to another format than SVG, like PDF maybe.
You can also make a copy of the file and make it just black and white, just to see if it will load .

Anyway, it is not the black acrylic’s fault (yet).

3 Likes

Thank you for the help @Jules and @brokendrum. @crownyouroccasions I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.