Tube replacements for old dogs

Hi Support,

As an OG to this here GF life I imagine I am getting close to or possibly past due for a tube replacement. Is there something in the system that will alert me to needing this, or is it something I should just gauge based on performance of my lazr, or… magic sauce?

Assuming I am due, can you link me to any documentation that may have been formalized and available now?

1 Like

There’s no alert. What you’ll see is a loss of power over time. You’ll know your tube is losing power because it’ll no longer cut all the way through Proofgrade material at the Proofgrade settings even when all optics and fans are in good working order.

You’ll have to slow the speeds down more and more to cut the same materials compared to when your tube was new. Customer support can even adjust this as a machine-wide setting so that you don’t have to change any of your settings, they’ll all just run some percentage slower. That can buy you some more time.

The only public documentation about tube replacement is a FAQ entry here:

I recently dealt with this myself, and the cost was $499 as stated in the FAQ.

4 Likes

Interesting, so just keep pounding on it until I can’t take it anymore then contact customer support. I assume the new tube comes with a new 2-year warranty?

1 Like

The warranty mentioned in the FAQ is the warranty on your machine, which is 6 months or 12 months depending on model. I believe repairs come with a 90 day warranty. That’s what their refurbished machines come with.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @dan84, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - please write in if you have any further questions!

1 Like