Tuna Strainer

I’ve been on a tuna salad sandwich kick lately. My sandwiches have been too runny, though, as I seem to have misplaced my (two) strainers! I went online to order another one from Amazon, but that wouldn’t help me today, and I’m hungry now! (Or I was, until…)

I happen to have a bunch of acrylic, and a program to design files! Yay! A quick wash in warm soapy water, a quick rinse, and I’m happily munching!

tuna strainer mj

Bon appetite!
:slight_smile:
Martha

43 Likes

So satisfying to be able to build a tool for the job at hand - well done!

5 Likes

Great idea! :grinning:

5 Likes

Practical cuts for the lunch special.

6 Likes

That looks great, but what about a little knob to make the strainer easier to get out of the can? :thinking:

4 Likes

Feel free to adapt it! I was hungry!

8 Likes

Love this! Almost identical to one I made for processing green olives from my olive tree.

4 Likes

Oh, and it has room around the edges, I used my butter knife to lift up the acrylic. And I have long nails so I always wear food handler gloves in the kitchen. HTH

4 Likes

Never would have thought of this, but it works. Kudos!

3 Likes

I don’t like tuna, but I love practical cuts.

5 Likes

I didn’t know these were a thing. We always cut about 1/2 - 3/4 way around the can and then just tip it over into the sink and press the cut side into the tuna and it drains out around the cut edge. It works even if we cut all around the top and let it drop down before flipping the can over to drain it (while holding the lid inside with pressure to force the water out). Didn’t know there was a tool we were supposed to us :smiley:

7 Likes

I did something similar until I saw one at the grocery store. So much easier to drain it with a strainer!

4 Likes

At the rate we eat tuna, the tricky strainer thing would be in that drawer that hides all things in the kitchen :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Me. This. Too.

2 Likes

Would be a hoot to make this for my husband - the tuna sandwich eater in our family. Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Lunch was saved! Great job!! Love practical cuts!

1 Like

No more sharp edges to worry about. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Neat idea!

2 Likes

I was thinking a hook over the side to hold it in place and lift it out. So many cans come all the same diameter from green beans to tuna to palm hearts. If I am making pasta or grits I use that water for flavor.

1 Like

Regardless of whether people think they need it, kudos for solving a problem with your machine!

1 Like