Turning on the Glowforge

Just received my Glowforge a few days ago. Got it up and going right away and did a couple test items. A couple questions…Should you turn it off when not in use? I would like to cut/engrave more items, but for the last 20-25 minutes it has been “calibrating”…is this normal? There is material inside, but the camera won’t pick that up either. I am probably missing a simple step since I am new, but don’t know what it is…HELP!

No, it isn’t normal to calibrate for 20+ minutes. Try this - turn the machine off. Using both hands, gently slide the gantry forward and move the head under the lid camera. Close the lid and turn the machine back on. If it doesn’t calibrate after that in a couple of minutes, search the forum for calibrating problems.

I don’t turn my machine off except at the end of the day.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue this morning. I think there might be something going on with the cloud server. Mine also bounces from calibrating to offline repeatedly.

So I continued to have this issue throughout the day, as a last ditch effort I decided to reboot my router. Nothing else was having issues, but figured it couldnt hurt.

Since then, its been connecting fine, and actually finished calibrating in its normal speed. Not sure why it was needed, but I’d maybe try that.

I’m sorry for the late follow up here!

I’m glad you resolved it, @jsumaki. @threadsandinks, I suggest following @dklgood’s steps of turning off your unit to calibrate your unit.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.