Two days of Forging

This is what I have done the first two days of forging with Glowriosky.

Two Days

I am really impressed. :glowforge: is all I expected it to be and more.

Question: Has anyone else printed the catalog coasters and if so how did you glue the outer rings and base together, and what if anything did you waterproof them with?

This is my next project. I need to duplicate this for all of the different pen sizes that I make.

Pen Box

50 Likes

Looks like you’re off to a great start!!! Love the living hinge box.

1 Like

Great first couple of days! Keep it up!
I would probably just use CA glue to be quick for the outer rings.
And I might not waterproof at all…you want them to be able to absorb some moisture from the beverages.

3 Likes

Yep! Great looking box and great projects! (Love the cup holders and coasters too!) :grinning:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that I had made that box. I bought it and need to duplicate it in the various sizes for the pens I make.

1 Like

Oh gotcha! (But you could make it easily now! ) :wink:

1 Like

Very nice!
I thought you would enjoy expanding your laser capability beyond just pens :sunglasses:
A new world of possibilities has opened!

1 Like

You are off and running. Keep us posted on your creations, please.

1 Like

Welcome! You’re off to a great start. Looking forward to your redesign of the pen box!

1 Like

I have. I used Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue and some spring clamps overnight because I only know one trick. We have so many coasters lying around these are unlikely to get wet, but after looking at them for a couple of days I decided to spray a bunch of coats of polyurethane on. I don’t really know if that had any meaningful effect on the engraved parts.

1 Like