Two images on one project one will erase

When I try and put two images to be cut one will erase. For example a heart with a name on it.

If I’m understanding what you’re trying to do, you need to subtract the inner image from the outer image in your design program. If you can post a little more detail, like what design software you’re using and maybe the image you’re trying to work with, the community can help get you pointed in the right direction.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble. Did the information that @geek2nurse provided help?

If you’re still having trouble, may we have a bit more information on what’s going on? Also, if possible, could you please share a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look!

Select the operations you want to perform on each print step on the left side:

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.