Two issues after unboxing Pro +2 more after OG post

I finally received my Pro today and I’m beyond excited!

However during the unboxing I got to the step of removing the foam which would contain the print head and glasses need to use my pass through slot, but my glasses were not there. No big deal I thought, they will be in my accessory box that shipped separately. Nope. In my GF box I had the lens wipe for cleaning, but no glasses. So I need to see about getting some safety glasses asap, which is a bummer because I really wanted to use the passthrough slot for some Christmas gifts.

Problem two, which may not be an issue, is regarding the left side drive belt. I loaded the Gift of Good Measure and noticed when it calibrated the left side seemed skewed compared to the right. Then I looked closer and noticed the belt is extremely loose compared to the right side. I’m not sure if this is intended or an error. Its currently printing on draft board and doesnt seem to have any issues, but I would like to clarify.

Edit: Also my lid doesnt fully align. It sets higher on the right side.

Edit #2: I’ve been able to run several prints after sliding the rear left belt roller as far back as possible with the belt on and tightening. However I can tell something isn’t right with its alignment. If I place in a sheet of any PG material and place and object in a bottom corner it cuts below the bottom of the material. Then I’ve also tried to make engravings on the back sides of something that has been cut using what it was cut from as a jig. Lined it up via the image and sent it to print and it was way off. I even left the PG in the place it was and just removed the cut with tape and flipped it over, still off. I would never be able to use the lid camera as a means to line up a jig. Hate to send this back in for repairs straight out of the gate, especially since I’m trying to make multiple gifts.

2 Likes

Someone else just asked about this…

1 Like

Not off to a great start.

After the first print, which as you can see was way off…

I decided to investigate the loose belt issue. Found the issue at the left rear roller. It wasnt tightened down at all. I’ve since pushed the roller back to remove slack, but I believe I’m still out of sink with the right. I went and started a second run of the GoGM, and when it realigned there was a “clunck” when it traveled to the rear.

It looks like your left Y belt is completely off. This is a problem and you probably should wait for support unless you are quite mechanically inclined.

1 Like

I had the same problem with the lid not closing completely on the front right even though the unit was on a completely flat and level surface. I placed a piece of PG draft board under the right front “leg” and that solved the problem.

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

I’ve been able to print but with fear that I’m not 100% aligned. The left drive belt seems to have more slack in it than the right still. Remember I adjusted the belt myself since the roller was completely loose at the the Allen screw and free moving. I pushed it as far back as I could without apply too much pressure and tightened it down. I’m not sure if there is a tolerance or a measure to pull to verify correct alignment. When the machine does it’s initial alignment there is a thud when it homes to the rear, and a visual difference in left and right stop points (right side being further back).

Compared to videos online or at the GF site, there is no possible way I could cut a jig and then lay an object in it to engrave unless I have it all planned out ahead of time and NEVER move the jig once it’s cut from the engrave design file.

Also I stated in my original post, I’m missing my Pro Safety glasses.

I’m sorry for the delay in our reply. I’ll make sure a pair of Pro Safety Glasses is sent to you as soon as possible, and I apologize for the oversight. As for your Glowforge unit itself, based on the details you’ve provided I recommend that we make a warranty replacement. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.