U.K. delivery countdown begins

haven’t managed to work out how I’m supposed to pay these charges yet.
Do I get an invoice, pay at the door…?

Oh, and still not had a shipping notification from GF yet. Proofgrade came two days ago, but nothing on the actual unit itself yet, sent the response 6 days ago now.
Have to wonder if I ever will, or if a UPS van will just turn up, find I’m not in and leave it in the nearest hedge.

1 Like

Hey @palmercr with all due respect to @rachaelw they stated:

But as previously posted I have the proofgrade invoice that shows invoice total $0 and shipping $73.23. The Glowforge invoice sent with the unit shows the full amount of $3495 plus shipping of $478. No $150 adjustment anywhere, not sure what difference that would make. I did email them a week later to clarify as specifically for the UK I have seen people with no charge and someone charged more than me, but no response yet, which is understandable as they are probably busy dealing with other issues that take priority. I’m actually fine either way with it, but others have asked and I feel we should aim for some form of consistnacy no matter the answer. I’ll keep you all posted when they do respond.

2 Likes

Yes I assumed @rachaelw meant that is what they would do going forwards after it was raised as a problem by you.

2 Likes

I had UPS notification and paid online, but apparently, you can pay at the door too.

3 Likes

The up side is they are not going to drop it and run like they often do the US. They have to hang around for the money.

6 Likes

Day 8, no GF yet

Excited dance here - UPS have just asked for import fees - £344.85 for those that want to know (Basic). GF due to hit doorstep on Monday! Guess who will be hitting refresh on the tracking number constantly… IT’S IN THE COUNTRY - not half an hour away and they’re intending to deliver on Monday - whaaaattt? Have to see about that!

11 Likes

Great! Happy for you :slight_smile: Makes me exited about our GF as our golden mail arrived also 7-8 days ago! Refreshing mail every five minutes :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Neil, I just saw that someone else in the UK PAID £429.04 and £42 for shipping. Since VAT should be consistent. Can you say what % duty you paid? I definitely like to be paying £344 and not £429 is possible.

I don’t know what duty % it is as I don’t know what the amount the GF is listed as - UPS not that informative on the online payment side. Only £11.25 brokerage charge though.

Do you not have paperwork in the box which lists a value for the Glowforge? It should be what you paid, less $150 (they were discounting the GF to offset the value of the proofgrade).

Umm, no box yet - not until Monday

AHH I see. Sorry. I’m quite jealous as I won’t get my mail until the 21st. I hope it lands safe and sound!

1 Like

Value listed is $2323 for custom use only

Argh. Machine is HERE - only damage seems to be one of the handles is missing a tab, and a few box bruises. The Argh? Well that’s because the second package wasn’t on the same van, so I’m ventless and crumb-tray-less.

Set up was simple (once you realise you don’t immediately connect to the GF wireless) and all seems to be whirring nicely.

10 Likes

Mine just arrived too and like you…Arrgh.
No crumb tray.
The frustration is almost too much to endure.

5 Likes

Congrats! :grinning:

Oh and my box was missing two handles and had a dirty great boot print on it.

Still wainting here in germany :frowning: