UGears - guess what I got in the mail yesterday

Guess what I got in the mail last night:

They are from the UGears kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/978262034/ugears-self-moving-mechanical-models?ref=nav_search which someone else posted a while back.

I have not had a chance to play with them much yet, but I’m sure I’ll find some time this weekend to put these models together.

29 Likes

I just wanted to leave just ‘dude’ but that’s to short for a reply

but DUDE this rocks

4 Likes

That’s very neat. Fun project

1 Like

So cool. I’ve been wanting to pick one of these up for a while now. Would love some photos along the way as you put it together!

1 Like

Sure, I’ll post some pictures as I go.

2 Likes

I just tried to buy the train its not available yet for public

I would be tossing and turning for a long time trying to decide between assembling the things immediately, or preserving them to replicate on the Glowforge… I know that I will break or lose a part eventually, so being able to re-cut is critical.

4 Likes

I’m scanning in all the parts before assembling it. Not that I want to replicate this model exactly, but I want to know how they did certain things, and I may want to recreate some of the parts and assemblies for other things.

7 Likes

We got the Tram last week. Had the same debate about scanning it first for reference, but ultimately my son started assembly. The toothpick insertion is a bit testy!

Cool!

Very nice! Should definately keep you busy this weekend.

How did this project go for you?

1 Like

I’m making a time lapse movie of the build. I should be done in the next week or so. Then I’ll post it here.

4 Likes