UI Dashboard Troubles

For quite a while now, my glowforge camera UI has been acting up. When I grab an item to move, it suddenly zooms off the screen never to be found again. When this happens, the ruler bars become unreadable and the little measurement box in the lower-left disappears. You can not ever find it to delete it so it is stuck in that project forever, making it so you cant use the ruler tool anymore, even after refreshing. I have been making copies of each project before I mess with them because I have had to remake so many projects. This happens a lot when uploading something new to an existing project.

The UI also becomes laggy now and then and needs to be rebooted.

The Set Focus square disappears sometimes and you need to refresh the screen. You use it and the little blue square is just gone no matter how many times you use set focus. While it is missing, you can hit the PRINT button to start processing your cuts at the same time the device is focusing.

Also, my set focus NEVER measures from the center of that focus square (on either of my machines) - the red laser light measures from the far left side of that blue square which makes it very hard when you are trying to measure the height at a certain spot.

Other Details: Windows 10 - Firefox (updated to 95.0.2 (64-bit)

Most of your issues sound browser based - and very unusual! You’ve got the current browser, but you might see if you have the same issues with Chrome instead of Firefox.

Things getting caught in the cache is definitely an issue - you might look into your settings and verify that you’ve got it set to clear your cache every once in a while, but going in and doing it manually is often a way to clear out bugginess.

No it does not - if you’ve looked at the bottom of your print head you’ll see there are two tiny windows - the light bounces out of one, and the other one reads it. So if the square lands firmly on a piece of material that’s all the same size it works perfectly, but if you’re trying to hit a small target (like a pencil) you’ll do better to build a jig, or at minimum to raise up a larger piece of material to the same height as your target to give the Set Focus a better chance. If you can run Set Focus while standing next to your :glowforge: you’ll see the red light come out and hit (or miss) your material.

3 Likes

You might consider disabling any ad blockers you have. I’ve seen reports of them causing weird behavior in the Glowforge UI.

Hello, @Miri Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you received some very helpful advice regarding how the Set Focus works. In regards to the browser trouble, could you let me know if you continue to have trouble after using different browsers and/or devices?

Could you also check to see if your browser is up to date? Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Let me know how it all turns out!