UI Oddity - No hurry!

This is odd. I’m seeing the ghost of artwork I deleted out of my project previously (the faint “Hufflepuff” crest you can see over the tile in the center). As you can see, it isn’t among the thumbnails in the side bar. I’ve cleared the cache and restarted my browser, and it’s still there. It doesn’t affect the print, just persists in being there!

Browser info: whatismybrowser.com/w/4N4WHDJ

Project link: Glowforge - the 3D laser printer

Hmmm. I opened a new project in order to leave that one for you to look at, and the “ghost” is also in the new one, so now I think it’s an issue with my design software, and not the GFUI at all.

Carry on, nothing to see here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That seems really odd. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m thinking now what I was seeing was an un-refreshed image of the last tile I had engraved. That didn’t even occur to me, because they don’t usually engrave clearly enough for it to be seen by the camera! :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Sure you are not using a CRT monitor with a burned in image? :laughing:

2 Likes

If it were Pong and not Hufflepuff, maybe. :wink:

3 Likes

Pong? You have Pong? Didn’t that just come out?

3 Likes

Amazing dogs. A bit over 2 minutes.

6 Likes

And I thought that British Airways ad was amazing and that was done with people!

2 Likes

Wait, did @geek2nurse really open a support ticket and then solve it herself in the very next comment? :rofl: :joy: :laughing:

4 Likes

I am THAT good. :sunglasses:

Actually, I am THAT stupid. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I managed to engrave heavily enough on a white tile that it showed on the screen, and then didn’t realize that’s what I was seeing, and it totally mystified me.

8 Likes

What did you charge yourself for the great customer service? :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

If you really want an authentic experience you should call yourself for customer support and then not answer.

3 Likes

Ice cream, naturally.

I never answer my phone, unless maybe if I know who’s calling, and even then I might wait to see what they say in voicemail, in case I don’t need to actually talk on the phone to find out what they want to tell me. And even then I use the smart dictation feature, and only listen if I can’t decipher the message. I hate talking on the phone! That’s why I hired my assistant to begin with, when I had my outpatient practice. To keep me from having to talk on the phone any more than absolutely necessary. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s probably indicative of deep-seated psychological problems, but I’ve accepted that part of myself and moved on. :wink:

7 Likes

I’m so sorry that this happened @geek2nurse! I appreciate you posting this behavior, and also the solution to the problem. I’m glad that you were able to resolve the snag, and get back up and printing.

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again if you start to notice the same behavior.

1 Like