UK Shipping and

All kidding aside, I recently saw a cost estimate just in updating all the government websites in both the UK and EU for all the things that need to get adjusted due to brexit. That was a very, very large number.

Not to mention the number of regulations that need to either be adopted or changed for everything from milk to environmental regulation. Believe me, you want to see a slipped shipping date!

I heard this morning theyā€™ve started detailed conversations and the first thing on the EUā€™s agenda is how much the divorce payment will be. Talk about an unresolvable problem :smiling_face: They are only going to create hostilities with any payment and that will affect the rest of the negotiations. Better to leave it and just walk away from any financial compensation attempts.

1 Like

Lol, yeh if I were Dan right about now Iā€™d be looking smug and thinking:

" ā€˜we donā€™t like the nameā€™, they said, ā€˜itā€™s not really a printerā€™, they saidā€¦ well, weā€™ll just see whose complaining when theyā€™ve read the tax regulations, wonā€™t we!"

:laughing:

6 Likes

I want them to ship tomorrow before the Ā£ā€™s worth nothing! Itā€™s bad enough as is! :frowning:
If Paulā€™s VAT and Duty quote is correct then thatā€™s about 25% tax in total eesh.

1 Like

Canā€™t you still do it in Euros? Isnā€™t that a better exchange rate right now?

No because you get tax bills in GBP.

With the advent of units being shipped overseas, and in this instance specifically to the UK, might it now be prudent to have this matter addressed? Was there ever a response to this?

What are you wondering specifically?

Hi @dan,

The thread was a discussion around import tariff codes so we could work out how much we would have to pay in import charges for the Glowforge (and air filter, but that is not pressing at the moment). The last comment you made on the thread was asking if maybe @Rita might know.

If you know that would be great, otherwise UPS are predicting my Glowforge Pro is arriving tomorrow (squee!) so we find out then or maybe even today if UPS can tell me already.

And finally thank you to you and the team. I know itā€™s not here yet, but I am overly excited and sincerely looking forward to receiving the Glowforge and also to finally be pew pew pewing things :grinning:

p.s. can someone submit to unicode.org an emoji with lasers shooting out of its eyes? I feel we need one now more than ever.

Ah - Iā€™m not sure, and I suspect if anyone knows the answer, itā€™s Rita. Her team doesnā€™t see re-opened threads here, so the best bet is to open a clean topic in Problems & Support where the subject is the question. (Iā€™ll also give her a heads up about this thread too, in case you donā€™t have a chance to do that!)

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t get you this answer! The Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) code for your Glowforge is 8456.11.9000.

5 Likes

Hi my Glowforge Pro arrived yesterday to the UK and had had to pay Ā£1275 import tax!! Ouch!

Just received ours for our Primary School and paid around Ā£880 on import duty and VAT combined.

All fair and square and the service from Glowforge and the UPS team was second to none.