Ultra-high detail model of the new Tesla Cybrtrk

LOL, good golly this thing is ugly. Don’t know what I was expecting, but it wasn’t this!

cybrtrk

the green center layer may be copied as many times as needed, depending on the thickness of your material and how wide you want the finished triangle doorstop Cybrtrk to be.

edit: to be fair to the vehicle, I have added an actually detailed version of it for your glowforging pleasure in this post.

29 Likes

Do you remember the pinewood derby? This looks like one of those.

7 Likes

I was just remarking to a friend that any senior baja project from a university (or even vo-tech) would look like this.

I loved the window demonstration at the unveiling :smiley:

7 Likes

hehe. Thanks for the high tech file!

(You forgot the starburst cracks in the windows.) :rofl:

12 Likes

Yeah, what were they thinking?

Thanks for this stunningly accurate replica.

7 Likes

I think you just lowered the quality of these forums by sharing this in “designs”…

5 Likes

Ha! I was reading an article somewhere today saying the same sentiments as you about expectations. They however related it to the Delorean, which I personally love in all it’s stainless steel 88 mph speed. I don’t know how I feel about the Delorean analogy though with this ultra detailed truck.

2 Likes

I have to believe this thing was the result of a bet late one night in a hotel bar.

4 Likes

Oddly enough, I almost kinda like it. And I’m usually not a fan of whatever new body styles they come out with, for a while at least.

Maybe I’m just becoming more and more contrarian though. I’m guessing that’s it.

6 Likes

The cybrtrk looks like the illegitimate love child of an El Camino and a delorean. imo

9 Likes

Alas, if that was even partly true, I’d be all over it like, well, ethnic heritage on cereal grain.

My dad had an el camino…

1 Like

My (11 year old) son loves the look. We think he’s crazy. He defends the design on a personal level! The kid’s got a liking for all things Tesla.

3 Likes

i think it looks like something someone would have designed as a futuristic 2020 vehicle back in 1974.

10 Likes

Hey, maybe this one’s windows won’t break when you through something at it! (saw on the news this morning a video of their big release event and throwing a metal ball at the window to show that it’s bullet proof–apparently no one actually tested that? Their stock is down, BTW).

1 Like

Never gon’ sell. People like different, they don’t like angular. I’d drive it. Because it’s fugly. But I’d drive an Aztec too. But I can’t afford it, nor their competition, so my opinion is moo*.

My guess is the angular is so they could do the stainless steel super simple. Unlike the Delorean.

*(A cow’s opinion. It’s moo. It doesn’t matter.)

2 Likes

Car designer buddy of mine said “good publicity, but they’ll do a body swap before release”. He’s speculating, but apparently that’s a thing that happens.

4 Likes
  1. The design was lifted from Blade Runner. :slight_smile:
5 Likes

EXACTLY my thought on it!

3 Likes

Feast your eyes:

3 Likes

It contrasts somehow with expectations.
In contrast to the cheering, there was a defining silence just after the reveal…

3 Likes