Ultra-high detail model of the new Tesla Cybrtrk

seriously, such an awful era for design to pull from.

3 Likes

Is that MS Paint? Too advanced…

1 Like

Has Logan’s Run written all over it to me.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m a truck girl. Not sure I’m ready to trade in my Tacoma for one of these, though. It’s just too fake-future-ish to me.

Or, to quote my Tesla-driving child of the 80s son: “This thing is totally exploiting all my childhood dreams of what the future would look like.”

3 Likes

I’m in the minority that likes it and I am not a fanboy of Musk or Tesla. I recognize that it is not traditionally pretty. I’ve also been laughing my ass off at all the jokes, particularly those of a low poly count kind.

Be nice if they ditched the back seat. I don’t have that many dogs. I really don’t like trucks with more than one row of seats.

Yup, it definitely happens, but usually only to make a gorgeous design ugly. In this case it wouldn’t seem possible. I read some speculation they need the truss design because of how they’re forming the stainless steel body, but I don’t know anything about that. They weren’t shy about taking the wheel wells from Jeep though.

Thanks for the file @jbv!

3 Likes

After watching several different videos of it, I went from, “this is a joke, right?” to, “Well, people have money and they buy whatever they want with that all the time.” to finally, “Wow, this thing has really grown on me.” I still don’t think that the future is angular over smooth curves, or that it’s the ideal truck they could have designed, but I applaud them for continuing to do different stuff and shaking up the industry.

3 Likes

It doesn’t say truck to me. SUV variant maybe.

Hard to think of throwing lumber & building materials in there. (This coming from someone whose truck is considered not a truck by many because it’s not body-on-frame construction - I have a Ridgeline.)

I’m ambivalent about the design - not so much because if the angles. I love the Delorean and liked the Aztec and own a Fiero :blush: It seems to be the Pizza Hut of trucks - it’s of a class of the thing but it’s not like New Haven pizza which defines the class :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe the design is intended to defeat State Police radar and laser detectors. Uses the same technology as the F-117 stealth fighter.

13 Likes

Any share is worth a thank you.

4 Likes

See, you can have the Aztec to make a wonderful camping SUV and outdoor adventure vehicle, the Delorean is needed to go back in time and get parts for the aging Aztec, and the Fiero when dressed properly is a Ferrari on the prowl.

Edit: in no way am I making fun of the vehicles. All three are vehicles I would put into my armada.

3 Likes

Now that’s a good thought!

1 Like

@jbv are you going to plan on designing the trailer/camper as well. It would be a perfect addition for a National Lampoons style ornament :rofl:

7 Likes

Now that’s a phrase that would be good on a t-shirt!

Wait… didn’t I see that car on South Park?

I’m not sure if the Tesla truck is the ugliest car ever, or the ugliest man-made object ever.

I like weird futuristic novelty garbage, and I can’t stand to look at that thing.

unsubscribe

Core77 covered some of my design observations:

I thought Simone Giertz had a pretty good start:

2 Likes

I am a tesla fanboi - but I like Simone’s much better.

7 Likes

I think I do too. Looks a lot sleeker than the one they came up with.

5 Likes