Unable to cut through proofgrade

Hi,

I’m sorry to bother, but my problem persists.

Thank you to the Glowforge Team for making an exception, and send a new lens, mirror and both windows to Denmark. I was suspecting one or more, of those parts to be damaged, since I’m unable to cut through Proofgrade materials, and cleaning the old parts did not make any difference. I followed the instructions from the link below.

I’ve ensured the material is flat, by strapping it down with the honey comb pins. I have cleaned under the tray, and no debris is obstructing the tray.

I’ve printed the “Gift of Good Measure” on medium maple and noted the time it finished (05 June 2018 04:23 PM UTC), and included photos of both sides.

I love my Glowforge, and hope to get back in the game really soon.

I know you guys are busy, and I was hoping to sort it out on my own, by replacing the parts, alas that was not case, and now I’m depending on your help.

Thank you.

Best regards

Christian

2 Likes

Great job documenting the issue. Sorry it’s happening to you! Good luck with it!

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Thank you.
I have no worries though, it seems to me, the team is very dedicated to resolve these issues, and give us the best experience, with our beloved equipment.

2 Likes

The good news is that your focus/cut lines look pretty good. :slight_smile:

Also, this was probably mentioned before… but you might double check your crumb tray and that it’s actually down in the divots in the bottom of the case. It’s possible to put the tray in and not have it in the divots, which would put the crumbtray higher than it is supposed to be. Depending upon the material, this could make a difference.

Hi jbmanning5,

Thank you for pointing that out.

I have a Pro, and with shield installed covering the passthrough slot, I wouldn’t think it would be possible, to close lid properly if that was the case? Also, I always check that it’s not possible, to move the tray in any direction, when installing it.

I have checked again, and it’s unfortunate not the case.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out again and providing all the details.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

2 Likes