Uncertified material design stuck in loading

Please help!! When I change the material to an uncertified material and choose the material thickness and the correct custom setting for the material I am using the glowforge app is getting stuck in design uploading status…this is a design I have done several times today using proofgrade material with out any issues uploading the design. I have no idea what I could possibly be doing wrong.

When you switch to using an uncertified material you need to check the settings for Speed, Power and focal point to make sure that they are showing correct values.

There is a writeup here on using Manual Settings with the machine.

What happens if you upload your design first and THEN change the material settings?

Thank you for replying @Jules. I just double checked the settings and they are showing the correct value and the design is still stuck in uploading status. I am at a total loss.

Might have been a Wifi blip…try turning off the machine, and reboot the computer and router. Then bring each one up before starting the next and see if you can clear it.

It’s also good to get into the habit of frequently cleaning your PC and internet caches, since use up A LOT more with the GF than before you had it… Though if you have neighbors streaming lots of movies or whatnot the demand on the network can affect your GF’s apparent response time, too. (At least I can see a lot of variation based on the time of day, but I’m also not in a big metro area…).

I’m so sorry for the trouble with uploading your designs!

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens?

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Dakota, after about 4 hours of digging through forums and trying different fixes we figured out the issue. Please pass on our displeasure with the glowforge customer service model. Not having a live customer service line is poor business practice. The issue probably could have been corrected in minutes by a knowledge live rep rather than having to wait 24 hours and spend hours on our own to correct the issue. Thanks for reaching out though.
Pat Fitzgerald

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue, and I’m so sorry for the delays in response times. I’ll make sure this feedback reaches the team.

Since the issue is resolved, I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, feel free to post a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.