Uneven Prints

Hi All,
I have had my Glowforge for less than two weeks, and I just noticed that a cut that I was working on is uneven. In the first picture below, you can see that every few inches, there is a semi-hexogonal shape coming from the edge of the cut on only the x-axis lines. It is very noticeable, and is definitely not because of the table or environment because it repeats every couple inches. I took off the laser head to take a closer look and in the second picture, I noticed a hairline crack on one of the wheels on the front of the bracket holding the laser head that causes it to require more force to push to the side when it passes the metal bar. Any suggestions for what to do? Can I replace those wheels easily? I can not think of anything I did to crack them.

Image One (Weird Lines)

Image Two (Cracked Wheel)
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.17.08 PM

Video of Gliding Bracket:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Also, here is a picture of my design in the Glowforge app:

1 Like

Yeah, those wheels sometimes get damaged, but they can be easily replaced. Since you are under warranty, Support will arrange for replacements for you at no charge. (They will contact you directly by email off the boards with the details, since shipping it involves your personal information.)

And it can sometimes take a couple of days while they arrange for replacements if they have to order them. So keep an eye out for their instructions. They should close this thread and contact you directly. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Bummer! But, once you get it replaced that straight lined rectangle ‘will’ be straight:-)

2 Likes

@ajklein2006, thank you for reaching out! I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.