Unexpected error HELP

No argument from me about Glowforge support.

Mine just kicked back and is started to work via the computer againā€¦ itā€™s been over a week and now itā€™s working again. As for GF support, I have only had good experiences with themā€¦ they always message back within 24 hours (except the weekends)ā€¦ going to knock on wood now just in case :slightly_smiling_face:

Well that was short livedā€¦ 4 hours later and itā€™s back to having the error message :frowning:

I too have the same problem. Unstable glowforge app on my main computer.
The app crashesā€¦and crashes on whatever browser I use.

Tried and it seems to work on my old surface. I wonā€™t upgrade anything on this device for the moment.

1 Like

Same issue for 2 weeks now- both on std computer and laptop- works fine on iPad and phone -had a Danielle fix it at one point but only lasted a few days they say itā€™s my pop up blocker but I have it turned off- I have messaged them 5 times and same story different person starting me back at square one. I swear itā€™s on their end. The customer service is the worst I have ever felt with- give me damn phone number already.

1 Like

I am sorry, but it isnā€™t on the Glowforge end or thousands would be having the problem. There is a change in your internet firewall, security update, popups, adblocker or browser update that is interfering. If it was Glowforge, your iPad and phone would also have the problem.

1 Like

would be nice to know how to identify what the problem is and why it happens all of a sudden after working for months. is it internet firewall, security, pop up ad blockers ā€¦I dont mess with any of these so I would not know how to identify the problem without GF help

It would indeed. It would likely reduce the burden on their support staff as well, but weā€™ve been asking for this pretty much since the machine has been in existence and they have not addressed it.

1 Like

I do believe there are many more people that they(we) might think that are struggling with the same issueā€¦what is the solution ?

What happens if you disconnect your computer from wifi and use your phone as a hotspot to connect your computer to the internet? Will the app load properly?

I have not tried that but I will do so

This just started happening to me on August 6th.
I went through the troubleshooting recommendations from a help article [update browser, empty cache, clear history, reboot computer, et al] and nothing helped.
I opened a support ticket and within a day I got a reply suggesting it was an anti-virus/ad blocker issue, so I turn off ad blockers and added *glowforge.com sites to safe site lists. I later tried opening the app in other browsers, but itā€™s still not working.
Has anyone been able to find a solution or a fix? [I hope, I hope.]

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried opening the app on your phone? It is a workaround until the issue resolves.

Hi. Thank you. :slight_smile:
I donā€™t have a phone that can do that, but I tried it on another computer on the same network [as my computer] and the app is working. Itā€™s a temporary solution for me, though. Iā€™m still trying to figure out what changed on my end, but havenā€™t yet pinpointed anything. Fingers crossed itā€™s just a small hiccup somewhere?

Iā€™ve been having the same issue for at least a week or so and have tried everything to get it to work, has anyone found any resolution yet?

Same issue for about month now- did everything I was told and no fix. Only solution is running off tablet and phone. Which sucks a lot!

Well I discovered this morning after temporarily shutting off Kaspersky that it was the culprit. I was able to turn it back on and get it to work by going to the network settings under traffic processing and unclicking inject script into web traffic. Waiting to hear back from Kaspersky if its safe to leave it like this. Iā€™ve been using Kaspersky for a couple of years and am not sure why it became a problem all of the sudden other than downloading windows 11 recently.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, for about 2 weeks now! Emailing with Danielle from Glowforge support and Iā€™ve done everything that everyone else has done. I do have Kaspersky and have had it for the entire length of Glowforge ownership so Iā€™ll try to do the same as what you did for Kaspersky. Very frustrating indeed!

There was also something about the newest version of desktop safari browser thatā€™s been messing with a few people. Itā€™s been a week or two there so maybe thatā€™s been fixed already.

Just curious, have you heard back from Kaspersky? Iā€™m in the same situation (been using their software for years and only recently ran into this error message problem), but havenā€™t gotten a reply yet. :confused: