Unexpected Error Uploading Designs

Too bad my first post is an error message.
Today I am unable to upload svg. I have tried several times, I was finally able to get one uploaded after several tries. The second design I am trying I am having the same issue with.
I get this error message.
**Update, I am able to upload as pdf after reading through previous posts about this topic. Just not svg

I’d be glad to take a look at your SVG to see where the hangup is, if you upload it here or send it to me in a PM.

3 Likes

Times I have run into this the file had an enormous amount of nodes in it.

Along same lines are the files that DO load in but balk at the print phase. Had one a bit ago with several engraves on it and had to do them one at a time, and even had to pull one and simplify it (too many nodes again).

Thanks! I have tried several svg’s, even those I have uploaded in the past and I get the error. Am only able to upload pdfs. I read in the forum that others had the same problem back in April. Sounded like a problem of some kind with GUI

Thanks for this. I did finally get another to upload as svg…will play with the other design a bit. Interesting that one I uploaded last week will not load now.

:wink: it’s a learning process for sure!

You might also try switching to a different browser. Chrome seems to give folks the least trouble.

ha!! that’s what I’m using!! I appreciate your help. I DO wonder if there was a hiccup with the GUI today. I’ve been able to upload several projects since my original post. One of the problems with being tied to an online system…
Appreciate your help. I’m a newbie learning as I go.

I’m sorry you got that error right at the beginning, and glad to hear you’ve uploaded successfully since. If you’re still having trouble uploading a file, I’d be happy to take a look. You can either post it here, or email it to us directly at support@glowforge.com.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.