Any of the files already inside the GUI will load.
Any NEW uploads (even the ones that have previously printed) cause the basic error message.
I think it flashed once as error 401 but so fast I am not sure.
Chrome data and cache tossed. No good.
Another browser used. No good.
Until this is fixed I am only able to print the designs that remain on the https://app.glowforge.com/ page and I do not keep many on that page.
Did you try loading a second time? This happened to me last week, and if I loaded the design a second time, it took it 100% of the time. There were a few other issues I had as well, that all started the same day (Wednesday I think). Didn’t use my forge all weekend, but come today all those issues were gone.
This is happening to me today too. Any new .SVG file uploaded generates the unexpected error. I’ve tried different files saved in different software (Inkscape & Affinity Designer). Even a simple circle fails to upload.
I had a problem this morning. I kept making sure the file was ok in Inkscape, I made sure there weren’t any double lines, then I made sure the file was flat. After I kept having problems, for some reason I checked to see what the actual size was - for some reason Inkscape had saved it as 135 inches wide! I resized it and didn’t have issues after that.
I suspect that since this does not seem to be a wide-spread issue that you may be looking at local network or internet issues leading to the connectivity. The Glowforge application has been working flawlessly for me today. It usually gives me a 401 error on login, but that isn’t happening today.
PDF is just another lossless file protocol type.
SVG, PDF EPS, and many more. Even to a point STL DWG and DXF and other CAD flavors.
A lot of the choices depend on the file filters of the program chosen because a protocol assumes it has basic structures and calls, but most programs also add in specific tidbits to help//assist their particular program (which sometimes do not allow other programs to interpret it correctly).
ANYWAY - PDF does work. Just resaved the file that started all this as PDF. Then tried one more time as a SVG.
When it failed, I uploaded the PDF instead and it banged right to the machine.
Good there is a work around but this is still a serious problem.
On the home page I simply went to upload a very small previously used SVG file. Chrome stopped at this exception point and when I continued the session the exception was hit a few more times (retrying I suppose) before the fatal error is displayed.