I’ve successfully used my Glowforge several times but today I encountered a new and concerning problem.
Shortly after starting a test engrave the head stopped moving but the unit remained powered up. I watched it for a moment and then cancelled the print by opening the lid. I tried it again, the second time the head returned to 0,0 and then didn’t move at all. I power cycled the device, and the head moved correctly during calibration. I started the print again, and it again powers up but fails to move or make any indication that something is happening besides the fan is going.
I power cycled the unit again, reloaded the web app, and tried using a file that I have successfully used before. Again the head moves fine during calibration and then doesn’t do anything when the print starts. Its almost as if the web app isn’t sending any commands to the printer. The lack of any error message or status notification makes this impossible to debug.
I wondered if it could be a thermal issue but I have seen that warning before and did not see it at all during my tests this evening.