Unit without power

Went to turn on my GF Pro and there was a loud pop and the unit went dead. Please advise, I have pending orders and need help.

I did unplug and look over unit. There’s no obvious problem other than it’s not powering on.

Welcome! I’m sure support will come along soon to help. Other users have reported similar issues, so perhaps one of them will have guidance.

Thanks… just waiting

Hello, @jessesosa86 I am very sorry about the problem you are running into with your Glowforge printer. I will do my best to get this issue resolved for you. I have a few steps that may help resolve the problem.

Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:

1. Unplug your Glowforge from the wall

2. Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works

3. If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else

4. If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself

5. Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord

6. Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in

7. Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in

8. If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet

Let me know what you find!

We followed your recommendations but did not have any success .

What’s the next step? :grimacing: Please advise

Thank you for following those steps! Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I’m recommending we replace this one under warranty. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.