Units aren't built until shipping email?

Love the humor…keep it coming…shows the GF staff are human!

My personal interpretation of @dan feedback (keep in mind…my personal interpretation, which may not be actual fact):

1. There’s an expediter at the factory that checks for incoming emails from GF “Owners” who have responded to their “do you want your GF” email.

2. With email received by the expediter…the expediter grabs a GF parts cart, looks for a factory employee to build a new GF unit (the one requested in the received email has not yet been built).

3. The expediter, along with the factory employee, reviews the GF building instructional video (undetermined length of time --not stated).

4. The factory employee builds the GF (undetermined length of time --not stated).

5. Once built, the newly built GF is tested (undetermined length of time --not stated).

6. GF’s that pass the test are then reviewed by “someone” who verifies shipping address (undetermined length of time --not stated).

7. The expediter starts all over again with #1 listed above.

??) Unknown how many times #1 through #6 happens per-day.

I’m not looking for answers to any of the above…I’ve merely put my personal “interpretation” of the process down. I continue to believe @dan and the GF staff continue to do an exceptional job with an extremely challenging product.

Keep the humor rolling…it helps lighten up a lot of these grumpy posts :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Darn it, I knew I should have started a band in the early aughts. I never had a Myspace account; no wonder why it isn’t here yet. It all makes sense now.

7 Likes

So do you think they reuse the bottle of absinthe until it breaks or will their be a treat in pro box?

2 Likes

yeah dan, definitely looking forward to some proofgrade absinthe showing up in my box.

6 Likes

Chuckle! This goes in the Keeper file. :joy:

2 Likes

Right here is where I stopped taking you serious lol.

5 Likes

Any way I can get one of these Laser Whistles included in my Pro order? I would love to be able to put on my Laser Glasses and then blow the Laser Whistle every time I am about to hit the print button. :smile:

10 Likes

With All this talk of MySpace, I am obligated to introduce you to Molly Lewis:

5 Likes

You just gave me an idea… :bulb:
Laser Whistle.pdf (134.4 KB, optimised for 1/8" material)

7 Likes

Hey, you left off the Glowforge bug on the side.

4 Likes

D’oh!

4 Likes

It was entirely a work of fiction… the factory has water spiders but not unicorn handlers.
(That is actually true)

9 Likes

This concerns me. :smile:

4 Likes

If I get whatever water spiders are in my machine, I’m gonna grow those things to monstrous sizes and send them back to you guys in a box marked as being tacos.

10 Likes

Internet is telling me that’s either a pokemon, a factory thing, or the stuff of nightmares.

I’m really hoping it’s a pokemon.

5 Likes

The pokemon of nightmares that lives in a factory (basement, obviously)

5 Likes

With this in mind and being familiar with Lean Manufacturing, I’m not sure who I should feel sorry for…

5 Likes

I think we should all get a rare Pokémon as well as our other “apology” bonuses. Just not anything spider-like.

5 Likes

This is really nice, but I was looking for a whistle that shoots lasers. sigh

1 Like

I have received my email asking if I want my Glowforge on August 14th. Since then I have received the proof grade materials on august 24th. I still have not received an email with the shipping notification for the Glowforge.

How long after the first email and the acceptance does it take to receive the Glowforge?