Unwanted multipass and "incorrect settings"

Hiya -weird issues. Everything was great this morning, but now it’s sort of glitching.

All proofgrade cuts/engraves on proofgrade medium maple ply.

-Had a cut path yesterday on a sheet of PG that was half popped out. Ran the same file today on the same sheet with a triple PG cut pass and it wasn’t even half through. Odd.
-The machine started doing a double pass on PG cut paths on a different file later, on it’s own, without reason - I triple checked settings, and there’s also no hidden path on the file.
-Then the app screen camera appeared unlit while the lights were in fact on - this did resolve itself in a few minutes but was still, uh, mildly panic inducing.
-Went to retry after rebooting the app and machine and now I’m getting the warning about incorrect settings even though everything is PG. Double checked.

I’m super confused, any ideas?

1 Like

That’s a laundry list all right.

I’d start by unplugging the router, turning off the computer and machine. Then allow each to restart completely, in that order. That might clear any Wifi signal weirdness that caused things to hang up.

If it’s still acting strangely afterwards, you might want to check the cable and ribbon connections to make sure they are fully seated, closed, and nothing has been crimped.

And aside from that, it might be something that support can see from checking the logs.

1 Like

Not going to open a trouble ticket for it myself, but I too did a cut today and though I was using PG medium clear acrylic and it recognized it as such, once I clicked print, it said it was incorrect settings. I tried cancelling and verifying settings a few times before I finally just hit the button and let it print. It printed fine even though the software said it was “incorrect”.

1 Like

If the machine does not see the PG sticker, you get the warning, even if you TELL it you are using PG. Maybe that is what happened?

Reset everything and still getting a multipass on proofgrade with proofgrade cuts. On different files as well, which is laying absolute waste to the delicate stuff I’m trying to do. I even took proofgrade specs on custom with one pass and still got multipass. I was planning on trying paper today but I guess not!

Can you upload a specific file here (preferably zipped) that this is happening with?

Print the Gift of Good Measure on proofgrade draftboard.If that works, I’m thinking it is your file. f that doesn’t print correctly post pics and time/date so support can assess.

@jackieb I’m so sorry you hit a snag.

In order to help narrow down the problem could you please do the following?

1. Open the Gift of Good measure in the Workspace of the Glowforge app.
  2. Click the “…” button
  3. Click “Reset Design”
  4. The artwork for this design should load into the Workspace, and the following message should appear in the bottom right corner:

After you reset your Gift of Good Measure then:

1. Turn off your Glowforge.

2. Check for small pieces of debris or dust.

• Check the lower door to make sure it closes all the way. It may require some force to open, but open it, wipe any dust off the edges, and close it all the way.
  • Remove the tray and clean any dust or debris from the surface underneath. Pay careful attention to remove all debris from the four dimples where the tray rests.
  • Check the lid to make sure it closes all the way. Small particles of material, such as dust or debris, can prevent it from closing completely.
  1. Check the surface your Glowforge is on to make sure it’s flat. Ensure it is not twisted slightly and that there is no debris propping up one side of the machine.

2. Turn your Glowforge back on.

3. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and print the Gift of Good Measure using the default settings.

4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

5. Send us the screenshot along with the date and time of the print, and we’ll investigate.

Once you finish the test print we’ll follow up with the next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.