Update: haha nevermind... Suggestion for Glowforge Team re: Crumb Tray

how about making the back of the crumb tray where you can open it to slide all the bits and pieces out instead of having to shake the material through the beehive?

1 Like

YES! This! I kept looking for that feature when I emptied mine!

1 Like

Is the front of your tray not open?

4 Likes

The front of it is open? Am I misunderstanding?

3 Likes

That’s what mine looks l like… All the bits slide right out.

3 Likes

Omg…seriously?? How did I miss this LOL…
I’ve been shaking it out and never spotted this…guess I’m having a moment now…Thank you evansd… so obvious.

7 Likes

Wow I’m an idiot.

3 Likes

I became aware of it the first time I tilted it, and stuff was all over the floor… :grimacing:

I’m wondering how the grid is colored black and the laser has no effect on it. I wish I had kept the one that came with the pre-release, better contrast to the material.

7 Likes

That’s how I felt lol…I went from hey, great idea to oh…

2 Likes

I was turning it over thinking I needed to take off the back but the bolts were very odd. but it dumped the crumbs in my lap like looking at the directions on how to empty a boot on the bottom of the boot. :blush:

6 Likes

Yeah, first time I pulled the crumb tray out, I held it from the rear and all the bits and pieces from dozens of jobs that had lots of little holes spilled out on the floor. I was like, “oh, that’s a lot easier than trying to shake it out upside down”. But I wish there was a sticker that said “this end is open” or something. I’m still finding little 1.5 and 3mm long, 2 and 3mm diameter wood and delrin “gritchies” on my shop floor. I will probably still be finding them a couple of years from now. I move out, the people who buy my house will find them. There were an awful lot. And the damn things went everywhere. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Perhaps a sticker on the back “If you are reading this, you crumb tray has been emptied” :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.