Upload won't work

I’ve had my Glowforge for a year now. I’ve only used the trace feature in the past not the upload feature. Now when I go to upload my file nothing happens. I know the software was updated within the past six months. I haven’t used it since the update occurred. I have left it on all day to see if I needed to reboot it & nothing happened.

I’ve made a file in AI & cleaned it up in photoshop. I saved it as a JPG, SVG, SVGZ, & as a PDF file as well. My Glowforge prepares the file, scans the material, and just sits there. It also tells me that it can only engrave my piece. It needs to cut it out as well. Or I won’t be able to fit the cards in my recipe box.

It’s getting frustrating to try to use it when nothing happens. Please let me know what I’m doing wrong so that I can finish this project.
Thank you,
Tigermom

Start here:

And check out the section on Designing with 2D Dector Software. There is lots of AI help in there.

4 Likes

Based on this ^^, I would guess your final file is a bitmap/rastor image? (JPG or PNG) If that’s the case, you can only engrave rastor images. To cut something it needs to be a vector line. All the good links @hansepe will get you started on how to make them.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I’ll try that now!!!

1 Like

Did you get it all worked out?

Thanks for the help, @hansepe and @kittski. @pkuhn27, if you’re still having trouble, can you let us know? Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.