Uploading a file and it silently fails

Uploading an image file to engrave (12mb) which is an image at 450ppi for the hd cut, however it fails to upload and gives no error message in the ux. The file thinks it is still uploading in the background and fails any new upload attempts too. If the file is too big, or something, it should error rather than silently failing. Irritating that there seems to be a limit on the size of images.

If you care to share the file, I am sure someone would look at it.

If you upload an over-size file, you generally see:
Not very helpful, but there is at least an error.

(I am able to “force” this by simply uploading an over-size image, although I can load 12MB without issue. The one I used is 26MB.)

I have seen several instances where an upload simply “doesn’t work” but it proceeds into the workspace, with a blank design. This has happened for even simple designs.

Your issue sounds more network related, however - a 12MB file takes about 1 second to upload, then it switches to “Processing” for about 6 seconds before the workspace appears. The 26MB takes 3 seconds to upload, then “Processing” for about 30 seconds before the error appears.

If you are able to reliably reproduce it, then I am sure support would like to look at the file.

1 Like

Based on the details you’ve provided, it sounds like you’re having intermittent network slowness when connecting to the app from your computer. However, I’d like to test the file you’re having trouble with first to determine whether it uploads as expected. Could you please share this file? If you’d rather not upload it to the forum, you can send it to us as an email attachment at support@glowforge.com.

Once I’m able to test that file, I’ll be able to provide some further troubleshooting guidance. Thanks!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.