UPS Delivered my Glowforge "Wet" and "Damaged"

I just opened my Glowforge box and the box, packaging, foam, plastic, and Glowforge is WET! It is some kind of oily substance. Is this the coolant? I realize that because of this, I can’t even fire-up my unit. I cannot express how disappointed I am. I am practically in tears. I have waited so, so,​ long. So many plans are yet again, on hold.

Please help. Please make this right. @dan @bailey

Thank you,
Kelly

4 Likes

Definitely sounds like the coolant… :frowning: don’t worry, I know that’s easier said than done. But, they’ll get you taken care of ASAP, if past performance of replacements is any indicator of things.

6 Likes

Thank you for your response. :+1: I’m pretty shaken up. It’s just been such a long wait. The anticipation almost killed me… then the anti-climatic moment I realized the wait was not over. Forgive me for sounding dramatic. It’s only been a few hours.

6 Likes

The worst part is over… you know the thing is real, and you know they can get one to you. Just a little itty bit more waiting and it’s off to lasertime!

4 Likes

Ooooh! Sorry!.. Hang in there. They’re usually pretty quick getting replacements out. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

i feel your pain.

as shipping seems to have ramped up the past few weeks, so have the UPS problems. 3-4 reports (including mine) of them either being lost or delivering a box that wasn’t a GF, and a bunch of damaged shipments. UPS is not doing the GF shipping any favors.

2 Likes

Thanks, friend. G-Forgers are the best.

3 Likes

I know, right? Ugh! I’m just so disappointed. I hate to complain about anything but this just gets me goin’.
Thanks for your support. I hope they find your GF. I read your post. How does anything get delivered. SMH!

1 Like

I can’t even imagine but like others have said, they will get you fixed up in no time.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I sure hope so.

I am so sorry you got a busted unit delivered. if you can I would suggest on your replacement getting it left at the DEPOT. That way the “last mile” isn’t where the damage occurs.

I got mine from the depot. Probably saved me some grief.

I have had several recent UPS deliveries come later than anticipated recently. I was able to pick up BEAMER at the depot about 5 minutes after 9AM. my truck has been arriving at my house after 7.

3 Likes

Did you pick it up at the depot or let it be delivered? Delivery to the door has a higher rate of damage from what we see here on the forum.

1 Like

Pickup has a higher rate of being disappeared, though, so you takes your chances. :-/

1 Like

Yes. It was delivered.

Yes. It was delivered. I will definitely pick it up the next time.

I’m so sorry! We’re going to need to replace your unit.

We’ve already followed up to your email and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

2 Likes