USB case

My car had recently developed a new rattle. I finally traced it down to the USB thumb drive that has some MP3s on it. The USB thumb drive is a small circuit board sitting in a plastic housing. The circuit board just sort of floats in the housing, causing a loud rattle when I drive.

Now, I could reach into my box of USB thumb drives and find one that does not rattle. … OR! I could spend an hour designing a new housing, cutting a few prototypes out of cardboard, and then making it out of draft board and acrylic! The final pieces are connected with rivets.

IMG_20220710_124535-scale

IMG_20220710_124550-scale

IMG_20220710_124612-scale

No more rattling! (And hey! I didn’t know that the board has a small LED that flashes briefly when the drives is accessed. Now I can see it blink.)

37 Likes

I love that you can see the inner workings, and it reminds me of this. :laughing:

28 Likes

Thinking that if you add MP3s until the drive is almost full that the tunes won’t have room to rattle.

11 Likes

I was going to say I liked seeing the circuits but @kittski beat me to it.

5 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

I like the way you think @dr.krawetz. Why go the easy way whey you can do it your way!

4 Likes

Love this. I hate unknown rattles in my car

2 Likes

I will endanger the wellbeing of every living creature in my immediate vicinity trying to find a rattle or squeak. It’s my OCD superpower.

3 Likes