Using cermark ultra

Has anyone used the cermark ultra spray? I tried my first engraving on metal and didn’t get much other then a outline. I used 800/90/270 for settings after reading through other posts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I don’t have experience with this product, but I would have guess full power would be used based on the few threads I have read here in the forum.

2 Likes

I run it at 500/full/270 on brass.

4 Likes

I use the plain Cermark and run it at 600/full/270 with good results.

1 Like

By the way, that ruler may have a lacquer clear coat on it, which will likely interfere with how the spray bonds to the metal when lasered. I’ve done several knife blades with little to no issue. But I also have a small metal L-square that looks similar, and it definitely has a clear coat. Looked awful after a little wear and tear, and since I use the tool for craft projects, I tried to remove the clear coat. Now it looks worse. But you might fare better than I did.

4 Likes

It is a L-squre. Just something metal I had around. Never considered it having a clear coat on it. I’ll get a couple cheap knives to try. Thanks for the help guys

Did you ever get the Cermark Ultra to work? I’m having the same issue on generic sheet stock. Thinking I may need to see if I can return this and get the regular Cermark.

I’m going to be running a test. I have a job coming up to do some knives. I’m going to with with full power and speed around 70 see how that works

Speed of 70 seems pretty slow. Looking forward to seeing your results.

I finally got good results.
First test I used 100s/100p/340lpi turned out great on second test increased speed to 150 and kept other settings also turned out great. I’ll post pics soon

1 Like