Using Glowforge after a month

Hi. I haven’t used my glowforge in about a month. Do I just turn it on and go. Is there something else I should do prior to using it.

2 Likes

slacker. I will go 3 or 4 without getting to use Beamer. :frowning: :frowning:

i just power him up and he is ready to rock :wink:

you shouldn’t have any troubles.

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

I’d add that if you didn’t do a cleaning after you finished the last time, it’s worth running a Zeiss wipe over all 5 lenses.

6 Likes

Thanks

Ish? It’s not like a closed Glowforge is going to get any dirtier. If your optics were clean when you left it, they should be clean when you get back.

The only thing that you might notice is a longer startup process with potentially two centering routines: if the Glowforge firmware was updated since you last used it, it may download the new firmware and reset itself as part of the update.

It’s all automatic, so there’s nothing to do per se, just something to be aware of in the “huh, interesting” sense.

3 Likes

Come on – the conditional was literally the 12 words before the snippet you quoted (see below). What’s your point?

3 Likes

If you’re referring to the part about doing a cleaning after your last use, that’s not the measure of whether or not your lenses are clean enough to keep going.

You don’t have to do a cleaning after the last use in order to store your Glowforge. I was clarifying that unless your lenses were already in need of a cleaning when you shut it down, they don’t spontaneously need a cleaning due to being idle for a month – as was implied if you took the previous advice literally.

Clean 'em if they’re dirty, don’t if they aren’t. Idle duration shouldn’t matter was my point.

1 Like

Just trying to create an issue that’s not there. @deirdrebeth was trying to help and since @asensation4smc is the only one who knows if they are dirty just giving his advice. Which was good advice…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.