Using Passthrough and keep being dropped by glowforge

So using the Passthrough, when it works it is great. I keep getting dropped from glowforge saying alignment failed and then I have to try to line it up manually. it is frustrating it is like the tool just disconnects. My internet is working just fine I have it monitored to verify it is not it.

Why is this happening, how do I prevent it.

Before the Passthrough existed I worked out a way to accomplish the job anyway. By breaking the design into multiple pieces that break only at places that are vertical and then align the material to the right rail. Aligning to the right rail eliminates any changes in the x direction and using only the arrow keys to change the design leaves only the y direction to worry about and if you can have only vertical places cut then that alignment is all you have to worry about, and any glitches in the program are irrelevant.

The Passthrough program uses only a single y value but my way allows you to use places at quite different y levels. All that is needed is that each piece stays in the printable area.

I have posted this solution several times.

I need to do something different because Glowforge Passthrough is wasting my time!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.