Using the pass trough for a 86”x 15” veneer drum wrap

My hubby loves to restore old drums cause he plays them at his church n he has about 15 of them lol. So this time he wanted to do something different on one of his drums so we decided to veneer wrap a 28” drum with some of his church’s deferent pics. The process was as follow: 86” by 16” veneer wrap took 12 deferent pics to fill the whole wrap (That I blended together to make one whole continuous page) than divided them into 10.5x15 so i can engrave in part but trying to keep the next pic. up supper aligned. Use my pass trough. The end results came out nice w a few small mishaps but overall happy with my part. Than on part 2 was to wrap it, stain and he also pass epoxy on the finished product

75 Likes

Oh my, that turned out gorgeous! How unique! :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s so cool, makes me want a pass through!

3 Likes

Hey Jules it’s been a min since I have posted here lol. Thanks for the compliment

2 Likes

Really nice job! Using the pass through can be a challenge when the material is not flexible. Imagine how much clearance you would have needed behind the machine if the project had involved plywood. For this reason my machine sometimes has to sit far away from its venting window.

2 Likes

That’s a commitment. How long was all the engraving?

2 Likes

That is so true and a table with wheels would help the process if using a plywood piece.

It took 12 prints each I think was like 45 min each, but I did it in two days also it was nerves racking to make sure that at the end the picks would like line up evenly even if i had side rulers ad you made sure they were at the right measurements.i still had a few that had 1 line overlap but still came out pretty good

4 Likes

AMAZEBALLZ! Best pass through project I’ve seen yet.

2 Likes

Thank you so much

We really need a WOW button! That is amazing, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much

this was the kind of project the pass through was made for. it came out great

2 Likes

Thank you

Wow! I think you win the Most Massive Passthrough Project award! Amazing that you were able to do so many engraves on one piece, and the finished project looks great.

5 Likes

It’s incredible! Labor of love! Your time commitment to pull this off for your husband … Wow!

Thank you n thank you lo

Engraved it in 2 days but wat was more nerve wracking was the alignment cause as u know if you mess up you mess up lol

5 Likes

Quite a remarkable piece.

1 Like

Thank you