UV printer factory tour

This is really interesting. I know nothing about UV printing, so this was pretty enlightening.

6 Likes

Indeed!

My Glowforge is purely a personal use/hobby machine, but when I got it I started seeing what other equipment is used for customizing, sign making, etc. I’d love to have a UV printer but they’re so damned expensive. Especially for something I’d use twice a year.

1 Like

I saw the original YouTube video of this and thought, I bought a laser, maybe I could get one of these. I was sad to find out they’re much more expensive than what glowforge offers :disappointed_relieved:

In other words, Glowforge should jump on the cheaper hobby UV printers wink wink

4 Likes

I’m working on the wiring for my MPCNC today. I sure could have used their wire harness tools.

1 Like

Reminds me of laser cutters before they became affordable for hobbyists (thanks GF!). Would love to have one of these some day – would be a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

So cool! Please help me convince @dan that we should add a UV printer to our lineup because I’d love to design a desktop one! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Shoot, I was hoping one was already in the works! :wink:

I was thinking a finishing head for the glowforge to turn it into a spray booth as my spray booth is the outside: too cold, too hot, too humid, raining, random bits of flora and fauna landing in the paint/poly. But your idea would work too.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.