Valentine & Roses

A Valentine for my Valentine & Our 38th Anniversary

52 Likes

Beautiful! (Thirty eight years is something special! Congrats!) :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Jules, seems like yesterday. Where is the time going?

3 Likes

I believe working with lasers creates a time warp. I keep looking up and another month has gone by. :wink:

4 Likes

Just beautiful! Congratulations on 38 years! We celebrate our 38 years in August.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you make for your 38th. Congrats.

1 Like

Nice work, and congratulations! Those materials work well together.
39th in March, and she is mainly to blame for my survival.

4 Likes

Gosh, it looks great! Happy Anniversary and many more to you.

1 Like

Congratulations! This is beautiful. I’m still trying to learn, and having a hard time with it. Can you tell me how you made this?

1 Like

Congrats & have a Beautiful day.

1 Like

This was cut with my Glowforge and is from a Steve Good Pattern From he Scroll Saw Work Shop. He has a lot of free patterns that work well with our Glowforge. The backer board is painted with
Rust-Oleum Colonial Red. The backer board is Proof Grade Maple Plywood & since it has such a nice finish there is no need for sanding. The Design pattern was cut from Proofgrade Cherry Wood and since it has such a nice finish no attention needed. I then Glued the design cut & backer board together and set it on another Steve Good design plate stand.

3 Likes

Cool! I assumed you used red acrylic on that.

1 Like

Ditto. Even with her tolerance of some of my more dangerous pursuits (flying, motorcycles, scuba diving, remote backpacking) she’s undoubtedly responsible for me hitting my 30s and every year since :smile:

3 Likes

Congrats on 38 years! That’s a beautiful gift. Yesterday was 13 years to the day of my first date with my wife. I’ll get there though. :wink:

3 Likes

Time will fly and the next thing you know retired & making things.

1 Like

Not Acrylic just Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Multi Purpose Paint in an aerosol can.

1 Like