Vase from premium, but with fun cardboard!

Thought it’d be nice to share this: If you’re making that multi-layered vase available in the catalog, use colored cardboard or stuff with pics on it, cause it looks good on the finished product:

Featuring two cases of Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy and a book box from Shutterfly.

Also: man oh man there’s a lot of missed opportunities for consolidation in those files. I wound up printing a bunch of stuff in the holes from other cuts with tons of room to spare.

Less of a concern with cardboard than even draftboard, but still pretty annoying.

63 Likes

Looks great from that angle! Maybe next time costco loads me up with boxes I’ll give it a try. It’s the only colored cardboard I can remember right now.

6 Likes

The beer was definitely from Costco :innocent:

7 Likes

That is neat looking. Love the colors! Great tips, too!

6 Likes

Spray paint would work well here…

7 Likes

This looks fantastic! Thanks for the share!

4 Likes

True, although for the amount that’s actually sticking out I feel like spray painting all of it would get real old real quick.

4 Likes

Spray paint the cardboard first, was my thinking.

Pick a few colors you want to use, paint your panels, arrange your rings in the art, and have at it.

I was more aiming that comment at people who may not have fun cardboard on hand. I like yours a lot, the printed details are really cool.

8 Likes

Awesome result!

2 Likes

Cardboard is an awesome material. Love the colors.

Great idea!

Looks great! Mine would be full of little Amazon symbols. :rofl:

3 Likes

Ha, between Chewy and Amazon most of my cardboard is pretty boring, but I guess being a beer drinker has its advantages

5 Likes

That’s a great idea, I didn’t even think about doing this. I have some lavender boxes from Costco that would look nice!

2 Likes

Very clever!

This is wonderful! I love it.