Vector File Not Working

For some reason, I’m having issues with this file. When I try to upload it, it takes forever and then tells me that an unexpected error occurred (no details).

It measures about 4x4" in Illustrator, but it is complicated (lots of little parts to it, I guess). Any suggestions? I’d prefer to keep it a vector file because it just comes out better…but I’m open to ideas. !

3244%20Locke%20Lane%20House%20Ornament%202%202

I don’t believe that file link works…?

Is there some other way to upload a file? Because I used the upload file button. shrug

3244%20Locke%20Lane%20House%20Ornament%202%202

that worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay!

I’m looking at the file now, but I bet it simply has too many pieces in it…
i.e. too many vectors for GF to import, but let’s see what everyone else has to say

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking. Darnit. :frowning:

Depending on what you want to do , you may be able to turn it into a bitmap and engrave it?

As I remember, there are other topics on engraving photos in the beyond the manual section… may want to search there?

I’ll check. I wanted a particular look to the image. Kind of like this one (which worked successfully…but also took some time to load).

I may just have to work on some other technique for these.

2 Likes

I wonder if you broke it into several Files with fewer sections in the file and loaded them into the GF one at a time.

i.e. say 4 files w/ 1/4 of the image in each file.

Hmm. Possibly. Just trying to figure out how to streamline this process so I can actually offer it as a product. PS - I just got it to work…but I had to wait a long time for it to load with each change I made (on settings, positioning, etc). Definitely going to need to change the process somehow. Thank you for your help anyways!

2 Likes

Glad you got it working!

The one you lasered looks great!

thank you!

That is the way I edit my photos to look. Almost just hard outlines. I have a tutorial on how I do it on my website.

Look at my dad face and you can see what I mean

1 Like

Thanks for the help in this thread, everyone! I’m glad you were able to get this file working.

If you have any other questions, you can start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!