Vegetable Countdown!

I made an unconventional advent calendar for my mom.

Here is the backboard without the veggies:

And here are the veggies:

Here’s my blog post about it, including where I got the knobs and the paint and all that. Vegetable Countdown
:slight_smile: Thanks for looking!

39 Likes

That’s adorable! Your painting is beautifully done (I’m also a fan of W&N - though mostly their gouache)

I want to hear the story as to why your Mom would get a veggie advent calendar! Is this a “I will try new things”, or a “I will plant in my garden”, or something else?

5 Likes

Love this very unusual advent calendar! Never used those paints on draft board, but I will try now.

8 Likes

I think she is wondering the same thing, though she definitely loved it. They do eat a lot of veggies… I just got this machine and it does so many things that it was tempting to sit in front of it in indecision. Instead I just did the first thing I thought of which was more or less random.

12 Likes

That’s fabulous :smiley:

3 Likes

I found them at Michaels near the calligraphy stuff. Any liquid watercolors work great, but these were the only ones that didn’t bleed when I put the finish on.

2 Likes

Your artwork is gorgeous! I love it!

2 Likes

Great design!!!

2 Likes

Very unique interpretation of an old standard. Thanks for giving us a new perspective.

4 Likes

Now this is the coolest thing I’ve seen for awhile! You really have a knack for coloring.

5 Likes

Such a sweet project. I love the idea, your artwork, and the execution. Every bit of this project is a delight!

4 Likes

You should try liquid ink/watercolors on wood. It’s pretty fun…

2 Likes

And thank you <3

1 Like

Love it! This is the most beautiful advent calendar I have ever seen.

3 Likes

Wow thank you!

The love between a mother and daughter is so special. She is going to love her advent calendar.

Very nicely done!

2 Likes

Beautiful drawings and painting! My goodness … they do look good enough to eat!

What a treasure for her.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like