Velcro Spool Stand

The Glowforge is great for making beautiful things, but it’s also great for making functional things (that look good too, if I do say so myself).

I got this idea yesterday, and struggled a bit with making it took right. I could have made it in a dozen ways that would have been easier, but I just had an image in my head and wanted to see if I could get there. This is a velcro spool stand, which should make it much, much easier for me to keep my velcro organized, and to run it out over to my cutting table to cut it to size. I’ve been thinking about something like it for ages, but wasn’t sure how I’d put it together, and didn’t want to take the time to figure it out. This went more quickly, and turned out more beautifully, than anything I would have been able to put together otherwise. Best part is that it cost me maybe $2 in raw materials, and now I have this great-looking solution to a long-standing problem. Lasers are awesome.

39 Likes

Oh man, do I ever need to make one of those! Great design! :grinning:

3 Likes

Well done.

3 Likes

Awesome, all right! In different scales this design could also be used for ribbon or wrapping paper dispensing. Or how about paper towels or toilet paper rolls? Sky’s the limit!

8 Likes

What a useful piece. I agree this can be put to mant uses.

2 Likes

It’s always so nice to have our tools / crafting supplies organized. This is extra great … because you gave it some decor. Great job!

1 Like