Vent system

I dont think the vent system that came with the pro is working correctly. What do I do to resolve the issue.

Depends on the issue. What makes you think that, what is happening, how long have you had it, have you cleaned it per their instructions, etc.

1 Like

What specific problem are you seeing?
Is there smoke leaking out of the machine?
Do you have a Compact Filter?

Its all smokey and its not sucking anything out. Its tye white box that came with the pro

He might be talking about the filter unit.

1 Like

Ok I am still new to this where is the fliter?

It’s that white box. If you’ve already cranked the dial to max then it sounds like your filter cartridge might be full and in need of replacement.

I have it set on new

Yeah, the white box is the Compact Filter.

Is that connected to the Glowforge with the aluminum hose?

To turn it on, you flip the switch on the back of the white box, then dial the speed up on the knob on the front of the box. (Turn it about a third of the way to the right.)

When you send a file to be cut, you will do both of those things first, and you make sure to switch the mode to “Use Compact Filter” in the Glowforge app.

The instructions for using the Compact Filter are here:

DO NOT CUT DRAFTBOARD WITH THE FILTER.
(It can clog it and ruin the filter early.)

1 Like

Try turning the dial to the right (away from new) and see if that is any better.

Ok will do

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the Compact Filter. When your Glowforge and Compact Filter are properly set up, you may have some harmless odor during printing which will rapidly dissipate. You may also smell something when you open the Glowforge lid after a print is complete. This is not harmful.

However, if you notice a strong, unpleasant or irritating odor when printing, or see smoke, shut off your Glowforge unit immediately. Smoke and fumes could be entering the room in excessive concentrations.

We’ve created a troubleshooting guide with illustrations. You can see it here: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/print#excessive-smoke-or-fumes-during-print

If you’re still seeing or smelling excessive smoke or fumes when using Proofgrade materials, we’re here for you. Please include the following info in your reply:

1. The name of the material you’re using

2. A description of where the smoke/fumes are coming from: the door, lid, or hose

3. When you smell the fumes: during the print or after it has completed

4. Photos of your Glowforge and your exhaust system

I turned it up and it works. Thanks for all your help

I’m so glad to hear it’s working! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com.