Very frustrated

Did you accidentally switch off the exhaust fan? (Like when using the filter?)

And is the exhaust fan running?

1 Like

that is off

it is when i turn the machine on the print head never moves to center of focus.

the fan on the back of the machine is not running. Does it run all the time or just when you hit print?

The fan in the back will turn on only when a print is running and the switch in question in the dashboard is turned off.

correct switch is turned off. I never get to the print option is just sits on scanning

Sounds like the black ribbon cable in your machine may have failed or there could be an issue with one of the connectors. If that is the case it could show in the logs like i mentioned earlier. If that is the possibility photographing the connection points will help the support staff look for issues. there are 3 places the ribbon cable connects, left and right on the lid near the hinge to the led strips and one behind the laser tube to a circuit board. also the connections from the left hand side of the lid to the camera in the middle. posting those pics here may help speed things up.

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry to hear that you haven’t been receiving our replies. Thank you for posting on the forum to let us know.

I’ve just resent the next steps to get this fixed for you. I’ve leave this post open until you’ve confirmed you received my new email. I’ll be watching for your reply.

1 Like

Apparently lashing out a random people trying to be of assistance is a good way to get help (???)

He is not getting any emails from Glowforge.

I am in no way lashing out. Sorry if I came across like that. It just is really frustrating!

1 Like

I have not received any email from you.

No problem. I understand how it is to be frustrated.

Have you checked your spam folder to see if the emails are being filtered out somehow?

yes i have

1 Like

I hope @chelsea is able to get this resolved so you can enjoy your :glowforge: like the rest of us.

If there is anything else the community can do to answer questions for you, just let us know!

1 Like

I have read where the glowforege plugs up using mdf? Do you know if this true and if so where does it plug up at?

I cut a lot of MDF. What I have noticed is that as it is cutting (vaporizing the glue and wood), a sticky substance forms anywhere the smoke blows. So these areas need to be cleaned more often.

Thank you for the photos of your lid cable connections. Unfortunately it looks like our emails still aren’t coming through. Since everything is connected correctly, it’s likely that there is an issue with the lid cable. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I recommend we replace that cable. Even though we usually don’t work within private messages on the community forum (in order to avoid possible missed communications in case an agent is out of the office) I’ll be in touch privately very soon to coordinate getting you a replacement part.

1 Like

Is your email address the same as the one you bought the GF with? I recall someone having an issue where there was a difference between their purchase email and their forum one and they needed Support to update their email address so they got the emails.

Of course your ISP could also have GF’s Support email or domain on a blacklist so it never gets to you since they do use (or did) Zendesk and there’s an awful lot of high-volume outbound emails which some over zealous ISPs will decide indicate a spammer and won’t even let it hit your mailbox.

4 Likes

We’ve been working on this through email, so this post will be closed.