Via “add artwork” only lasts as long as the browser session

Anything I upload or scan from the home screen persists. Anything I add via “add artwork” only lasts as long as the browser session. So when you pre-design the artwork in the exact position, it cannot shows on another browsers or other PCs, it is very inconvenient for teamwork.
Anyway to let the artwork keep persisits and save in the glowforge cloud!

Thank you for reaching out!

When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

If you’re seeing something else, if you take some screen shots to show what you’re referring to, we’d be happy to take a look.

For example, I edit the design in the chrome browser, add some artworks, it will only save in this browser, so it is not any issue if I just reopen it in this same Chrome browser. But if you open thru another browser, like IE, or open it thru another PC/Laptop , we cannot see any artworks!!! So it is very difficult to teamwork the design and make, we are still finding solution to let our team to share the one PC and one browser… Please help

You might have better luck if each of you uses the Chrome browser. There have been problems with using IE in the past for this app.

the artwork only saved on the same browser and same PC. it cannot shared to seen between PCs.

Once you drag the artwork onto an open file in Glowforge, it should be saved inside that Glowforge file. The next person to open the file from any other device can see that artwork and move it around. They cannot download the art to their own computers, but they can make changes to the Glowforge file if they go to the Glowforge app and open it there on their own computers.

Glowforge does not allow us to download files to our own computers to modify them outside of the app. It’s a security measure to protect your files.

It only works if you upload the artwork as the new design, it doesn’t work if you add the artwork to the existing design.

Maybe I don’t understand, because it does work for me. I have added artwork to an existing design, (dragged it over and dropped it into an open file in the Glowforge interface), closed the file, and the next time that I opened the original file, the extra artwork was still in there.

(And you should be able to see it from a different browser too. I checked it on Firefox, and it was fine.)

I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a few screenshots of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshots, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.