Victorian Travel bar

A while back, I was bitterly complaining about the actual bed size limits. It’s because I was trying to make this: It’s a Victorian/Steampunk themed travel bar (complete with the tools for, and makings of, a round of Manhattans) donated to a fund-raising auction for a local Snoqualmie Valley non-profit

art school.

It’s using proofgrade Walnut plywood, some baltic birch plywood, and JP Saddle collection faux leather. I persevered, and am almost done, just a little more hardware.

58 Likes

How cool is that?? :sunglasses:
The old-school diving helmet, helm and anchor engraving rocks. You did the leather handle too?
Metal corners an all… :+1:

4 Likes

I must confess I bought the leather handle off Amazon. Perhaps next time I will try to make one (maybe mill the metal on a friend’s Tormach)

2 Likes

Ooo, Tormach. I have seen beautiful things that @karaelena can make with a Tormach. Amazing machine.

3 Likes

I love a good travel bar. I have one from the 50s. I really like the Victorian theme and the storage layout on the inside.

3 Likes

Hey man, I salute your resourcefulness. Outstanding idea for a project.

2 Likes

Looks like something else add to my must mage list. Looks awesome.

3 Likes

Thanks - they asked me if I would donate a Manhattan Basket for the auction, and I thought “I can do better than a basket…”

2 Likes

Very well thought out!

1 Like

I would call it “survivor kit” lol :slight_smile: amazing.

When I study 3D - Autodesk Maya, my project at school was the Mark V Deep Diving Helmet!

9 Likes

Wow. I can see why Ikea now just uses renders. But poor photographers.

2 Likes

Yeah! true!

I’ve modelled some furnitures for a brand as well.

But, it’s interesting as it’s not only used for their catalog!

They make it available for the architects so they can use the 3D in their project to present to the client with the actual furniture they want to use instead of something just to represent there will be a chair etc… It looks more realistic and makes the client happier knowing how it will look before hand!

But yeah, I think product photographers are getting extinct! :confused:

Now a days every product, before it’s launched, it’s modelled in 3D so it’s just a matter of render it with photo realistic to be in a catalog! :confused:

Happy forging!

2 Likes

That’s an awesome helmet.

And I like “survival kit”

1 Like

It also becomes part of the contract with the builder and directs them to use that brand, so making it convenient and nice gets you the sale over anyone who does not provide that. Aty least where things are built in, not sure about"loose furniture".

1 Like

Da bomb!

Not good according to this review.

2 Likes