Video Conference Notebook computer stand

I’ve been doing a lot of Zoom calls lately, and I have my notebook computer propped up on books so that people aren’t looking up my nose. I made this today, so that the notebook camera is high enough to look me in the eye.

29 Likes

i ought to do something like that to go behind my laptop to hold up my portable monitor. that way i can stand it up above my laptop monitor while i’m presenting and keep both screens directly in front of my face, with the camera literally in the middle. and it won’t look like i’m glancing off to the side to see the second monitor, which usually has notes or a hidden chat window where i’m carrying on a derogatory conversation about the stupid things people are saying / doing on camera. :wink:

oh, and this is WAY nicer looking than i would have done. some very nice hardware there.

1 Like

Thanks! I restore early electrical/scientific apparatus, so I have a lot of that kind of thing laying around my shop.

3 Likes

Dude, you need to give us a virtual tour of your shop in that case.

3 Likes

It’s really Something!

1 Like

I already did… in the “show us your shop” topic a few weeks ago!

2 Likes

Wait was yours the absurdly large one? Like every toy there is in a giant garage space?

1 Like

Looks perfect for the job!

well, if you put it that way…

2 Likes

Now I’m embarrassed that I pulled the plug too soon on that the first time. I thought it was just another insanely nice wood shop.

1 Like

Here are a couple of examples. These are very early and rare wireless (radio) apparatus. I guess its pretty obvious what is the before & after pics.

IWCC-detector-b4 Shoemaker-Receiver---after

Here’s an early Marconi receiver. Was missing a lot of parts that I had to fabricate:
Marconi-103-Receiver Marconi-103-Receiver-b4

11 Likes

It’s meant as the most jealous of compliments.

2 Likes

It’s amazing the niches people fined. Do you have a specific era that you work in or have a cut off?

1 Like

I work on mostly electrical artifacts, from 18th century up until the 1920’s.

3 Likes

You couldn’t be satisfied with merely functional, no, you had to go and make it beautiful as well.

Mighty fine!

2 Likes

Good solution and nice hardware.

2 Likes