Wait... Valentines Day is Tomorrow?

I haven’t given Hallmark a cent since I got this thing. In a pinch, a couple of inexpensive graphics from Etsy and I’m good. Whew.
Walnut ply and red acrylic. Inverted cut press-fit inlay.

Beats a Hallmark, and a rose that doesn’t wilt. It will be 43 years this March - The woman has an inordinate tolerance.

55 Likes

It takes two to tango and I do believe you make it easy to be her Valentine!

9 Likes

That’s lovely, David! I LOVE press fit acrylic stuff. Your wife will love it because you made it for her.

6 Likes

This turned out beautiful. She will love it!

6 Likes

Great work! That will make her smile!

5 Likes

Beautiful turnout! Very thoughtful!

3 Likes

This is lovely and so special!

2 Likes

Lovely

2 Likes

Congratulations on both your impressively long marriage and your beautiful inlay work!

Well done.

2 Likes

Thank you all, I hope everyone has a special day!

Well done. Is that proofgrade? Grade figure.

1 Like

Lovely, you’re obviously a keeper!

1 Like

Yeah, I like the walnut so much I use it sparingly. I’ll take a bit more scrap just to get that diagonal wood grain.

1 Like

Happy anniversary a little early!

1 Like

:blush: thank you!

That is such a beautiful sentiment! We’ll be 49 years this June. I still love my husband with all my heart.

1 Like

:+1: Congratulations, and thank you!

1 Like

Several projects here on the forum with inlays have inspired me to try a few myself. Surprised how good things with simply wood an acrylic inlay looked.

Really nice idea. Hope she loved it.

2 Likes

Oh, she did! :+1:
I remember going to the grocery store for a card pre-glowforge, and finding the aisle full of guys wandering around with a look on their faces like a deer in the headlights, and I joined them. No women, just because they don’t wait till the last minute…

3 Likes