Waiting for February Monthly update

Exactly. It is time for an update. It seems like the least we should expect. We have been very patient with our Glowforge order, I know many don’t think it’s a lot to ask.
The last one appears to have come out on the 5th, and it’s now the 6th. That’s why I ask.

1 Like

Please pardon the bluntness, but monthly pretty much means in that month.

I look forward to hearing from @dan (and would like to see it at the first week of the month), but if he has things he is aggregating to present as a substantial monthly report/announcement, then it has to be at his time frame.

As it stands right now, any and all announcements are in the Announcements section.

4 Likes

I spent a good 10 minutes looking for that comment and gave up. Haha thanks for finding it.

2 Likes

I just searched on “monthly update” on the whole forum and then again within that thread.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re expecting, but Dan has, generally, said that he’s not going to say anything of any substance. You know, like the things everybody hear wants to know. My guess is some vague lines about progress that’ll hardly be worth waiting for and how the pre-release users are producing amazing things (which they are!) and they’re learning from that, etc.

The real questions, IMHO, are:

1. Are you meeting the expectations that you laid out? (Manufacturing hundreds this month? On target for “thousands” in just 2 more months?)
  2. Have you shipped a single production unit yet?
  3. Is the software done?
  4. Is the owner’s manual even done? You expected to mass ship months ago, so I’m presuming it is, but I’d certainly love to read it now.
  5. Any changes in previously-announced shipping schedule? (Hopefully for the better.)
9 Likes

just a thought, but if production units are supposed to start going out this month. I think it’s reasonable that @dan will want to wait until the first one is out, point to it excitedly and say something like “IT HAS BEGUN!” If that happens anytime this month, I’ll be ecstatic.

4 Likes

Me 2

1 Like

Well, that’s all about the wording, isn’t it…

Never says anything about production units vs pre-production. Never says when things’ll be shipped, just manufactured. So, you can infer some things, but wouldn’t it just be easier to state something plainly?

3 Likes

Very true, which is why I was saying “if”. If hundreds of units are being manufactured in February, it doesn’t necessarily mean any are production. But IF there is that possibility, it would explain a delay on Dan’s part to update us all. It would NOT look good to say that they are still on track and planning on shipping the first Production Unit this month and then have to come back later and say “not quite yet”. It would be FAR better to just wait a little bit longer and point at an already delivered one to give the solid update.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a publisher’s clearing house style ambush surprise for the first one.

… I don’t have time to photoshop a picture :disappointed:

8 Likes

oh that would be amazing. Lottery style? pull a name out of the hat and Dan delivers that Glowforge personally?

2 Likes

I have a history on this forum of being less than excitable. If Dan really wanted to make a statement he could stealthily do an internet search for my address, and without fanfare or warning ship me the latest unit. Of course, I would immediately be overwhelmed with a lifetime of repressed emotions. Might even bring a tear to my eye. The wife would document this uncharacteristic behavior and post same to this forum, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Her Etsy account and studio webpage would be flooded with queries.

Or I could just sit here expressionless waiting for Spring.

24 Likes

And to the ones you posed, add:

1. Have any Pro units made it to beta or pre-release testing?
  2. Are the Pro units still expected to ship the same time as the Basic units?
  3. What is the status of the add-on filters?
6 Likes

Edited my original post to add yours.

1 Like

The update is there now.

1 Like

I would think the prospect of all that emotion would be enticing enough to get you bumped to the head of the line by @dan! Good luck! :wink:

5 Likes

It would be fun to watch, wouldn’t it? :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah… I hate being right about it.

3 Likes