Wake the GF up?

Hi all. Made a few cool starter items with my brand new GF but now it will not refresh the view. It’s been turned off, restarted and the trick where you hold the button until it sees the wifi. Ugh. I’m sure it is a problem my son calls “BMAC” Between Machine And Chair. thanks for your help

Welcome to the forum. When you turned on the Glowforge, did it go through its focusing routine? You should not have to hold down the button and setup the wifi after the first successful time. When you open the Glowforge app does it show your Glowforge offline? Have you closed the app and browser and reopened?Have you tried a different browser. A little more information will help us help you.

Holding the button until it turns color resets the wifi, deleting the stored setup. If you do this, you will have to re-do the setup routine – Glowforge - the 3D laser printer – it doesn’t automagically reconnect the wifi.

It doesn’t overwrite it until the new WiFi stuff is inputted.

Oops – my mistake.

Thank you everyone for your help. As I noted in my post, it was most likely going to be BCAM (Between Chair and Machine – ME!)
After trying all you folks suggested, it is back up and running.
thank you again!

4 Likes

Welcome, @janet2, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner! I’m glad you were able to get back to printing. Typically, once you’ve connected your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network and started printing, you don’t need to go through the Wi-Fi setup steps again unless your network name or password changes, or you want to connect to a different network. I am going to close this thread now. Feel free to start a new thread or email us if you have any other questions.