Walk like an Egyptian

Loved this song by the Bangles, so I just had to make an alter ego that I could pose accordingly. He can also Limbo and run away in fear from an incoming asteroid strike.

The maquette is Rob Ives design. I would love to have purchased the files, but he only offers the arm for sale. So, I bought that and then engineered the rest of it from pictures. I’m thinking of making interchangeable hands for even more fun.

IMG_20180131_053213642

90 Likes

Great.
May I ask what you used for the ‘spoked balls’ that you have as joints ?
Wooden drilled bead plus dowel ?
I’m thinking/trying to modify an artist’s model, wooden hand, so that I have better articulation in the thumb.
I need it to be able to hold a fan, and then to reproduce a number of them, hopefully on the GF.
John
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

:heart:️ LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! :heart:

I want one!!!:smiley:

2 Likes

Amazing, really wonderful!

2 Likes

Here’s a link to Rob Ives’ web site. It shows the details.

4 Likes

Thanks -bookmarked !

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

The ‘balls’ are 1/2" wood “beads” with a through hole. The ‘spokes’ are 1/8" wood dowels glued into the through holes.

6 Likes

Looks like inspiration for http://flatfab.com/

4 Likes

This thing is so cool!

2 Likes

That looks awesome!

2 Likes

That is so incredibly cool! (And now I’ve got the song running through my head!) :smile:
Great job finishing it up.

2 Likes

Really clever use of rethinking a design, looks great. (and Jules, me too)

2 Likes

I know it is still early but I do think you have won the forum for the day. Great stuff!

2 Likes

So cool! Looks like you nailed your design - posable but still strong enough to support the weight of a full-on limbo. Nice work!

3 Likes

Hopefully this will be in the store someday…soon!

2 Likes

Ha! I was at the dentist this morning (a whole bunch of dental work coming up now, oh joy) and they were actually playing this song in the lobby.

3 Likes

At least yours plays cool music…mine is into relaxing elevator music. (Bleah!) :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Oh he definitely needs a “hitch hikers” thumb! Ha! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Everyone should have one of these! Amazing job! Love it!!!

2 Likes

Today, he’s feeling a bit nostalgic for the Bee Gees…
Saturday%20Night%20Fever

15 Likes